How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY), here is the step by step process
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-U), the central government has approved the proposal to build 3.61 lakh houses in urban areas.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (pmay) 2021: Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-U), the central government has approved the proposal to build 3.61 lakh houses in urban areas. These houses will be built in 17 states and union territories. With this approval, the total number of houses sanctioned under the scheme has gone up to 1.14 crore. This decision was taken in the 56th meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee of the government.
A total of 3.61 lakh houses have been approved for construction under the Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP), Beneficiary-led Construction (BLC), In-Situ Slum Redevelopment (ISSR) vertical of PMAY-U. PMAY-U houses are to be constructed in different phases. The total number of houses sanctioned under the mission now stands at 1.14 crore. Of these, more than 89 lakh houses are underconstruction. 52.5 lakh houses have been completed and given to the beneficiaries.
The total investment under this scheme is 7.52 lakh crore, of which 1.85 lakh crore is in the form of central assistance. An amount of Rs 1.13 lakh crore has been released so far. Prime Minister Narendra Modi (PM Narendra Modi) launched this scheme in June 2015 with the mission of Housing for All.
PMAY: How to Apply Online?
- Go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (http://pmaymis.gov.in).
- Here click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ in the menu and select the apply category.
- Here you will get many options. You select the option according to your stay.
- After this, you have to fill the Aadhar number and click on Check.
- After this an online form will open. Fill the information requested in this form.
- After that enter the captcha code, verify and submit.
- After submission, an application number will be displayed on your screen. Take a print out of it and save it.
e-finance module launched
In the CSMC meeting, the e-finance module was also launched by MoHUA. The e-finance module is integrated with all the modules of PMAY-U MIS and is designed in PMAY-U MIS system. Its purpose is to provide direct benefits to the beneficiaries. According to MoHUA, proposals for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) – Model 2 – in Telangana and Tamil Nadu have also been approved.